14 april 2014
TRAVEL | Munich
Another (spontaneously) trip I made was to Munich, to visit a special friend. I never really visited the city before (besides once when I was 4, you can imagine I don’t remember that anymore). I didn’t made that much photos, but here’s a little impression of this city. I really like this city, the whole atmosphere, the people, the streets, I felt connected to. That’s why I had a great time in this city exploring everything.
On my must-visit-list you can find of course the city center, where shopping is the main thing you can do (also for high-end brands). After world war two a lot of buildings got destroyed unfortunately, only some buildings remain, such as the Asamkirche, a beautiful in baroque-style church. Just as almost every big city, Munich also got a big park, the Englischer Garten (English Garden), which suits itself perfect for a stroll after some shopping or side seeing. In 1814 they even build an artificial waterfall and at the mouth of this stream that runs through the Englischer Garten, there is a standing wave produced by water pumping mechanism. Which is a big hotspot for surfers, they attempt to surf on this wave for as long as they can.
Munich is the perfect city if you like museums and especially if you like art and visuals. Some of the most known one are: Haus der kunst, Kunstbunker Tumulka (which didn’t destroyed during the second world war), Glyptothek (the Bavarian Kind Ludwig I made his collection of Greek and Roman sculputres open to the public. For this, he had a building constructed that became on of the first museums. The group of buildings at Konigsplatz is well worth visiting), Valentin Musaum and many more.
On a nice sunny afternoon, you should definitely drink something on the terrace of the Technical University for a amazing view over the city! And if you like views and sports, you can visit the Olympic park build for the Olympic games in 1972. The Olympic tower is the highest tower in Munich with 190 meter and from there you can see the city pretty good (even the mountains are visible). What I liked the most about this Olympic park is the Olympic village. Build for all the athletes and now perfect for students. All the houses are built quickly and consist of concrete walls. Right now a lot of people who lives there painted these as you can see in the pictures above. Pretty cool he?!
Munich is also famous of it own beer (Augustiner) and that’s noticeable. Wherever you go, you can always and at any time order beer –without any weird looking waiters because you order a beer at 11 in the morning-. And if you like beer, you should also visit one of the bier garten (beer garden), especially in the summer!
Because I didn’t had that much time in Munich, there are probably many more things to do. And hopefully I will find out these other things as well (at my next visit) ☺
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)







Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten