18 juli 2014

MINDSTYLE | #100happydays


Some time ago - It’s almost the end of the week and I’m chatting with a friend from Germany, I’m giving her a big review of my last weeks, all the things I did this week and where I'm up to this weekend (and next week). I was telling her my schedule. Not surprising (for me) that’s she’s wondering herself how the hell I manage all these things. “I’m wondering if your days are having 423908203 hours, mine seem to be shorter than your. How the hell do you manage everything?” She is absolutely not the first one asking me this. My (closest) friends know that I’m always busy. Well, not always, because I also schedule time to take some rest, to do nothing at all but reading in the garden (for example). But I can’t say that I’m this kind of person who can just do nothing at all and enjoying it. Of course I can spend an amazing afternoon with friends at a park, drinking beers, but for me this counts as ‘doing something’. The main reason for my busy schedule is the fact that I like being busy, I like to do a lot of things and I’m good in planning, which moreover not means that’s I’m not in for spontaneous things. I believe in serendipity!

And I think that I find serendipity (or call it happiness/luck) in many things. Little things can make me smile, for example seeing other people having fun. I get a feeling of happiness from the sun on my face, a beautiful moon in the sky while I walk my dog, everybody who’s cheering for the next goal the Dutch team just made or just out of the blue because life is beautiful (which sounds really cheesy, I know).

But even though I'm feeling this good, and while doing great things, having a lot of fun and enjoying my friends and family, nevertheless, sometimes feelings like displeasure and insecurity are hunting me. And this leads me to an amazing project, which has not been unprecedented. #100happydays. I already saw it on Facebook and Instagram and today was the day that I decided to read more about it. Because of course I want to be happy hundred days (and more) but how does this project work? The simple question is “Can you be happy for 100 days in a row?”

It’s plain simple to be happy 100 days in a row, the key element is to see and seek for happiness. This can be everything, from a meet-up with a friend to a feeling from being home after a hard day. This challenge is only for you and not meant to be a happiness competition of who’s the one who can be the happiest. I like these projects, this is what we need in our busy and over scheduled life. It’s a 'hold on' to your own happiness, a reminder to enjoy the little things.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do this (for hundred days), but I think it's a good reminder to myself (and everyone else of course) to focus on the good things, on what makes you happy. What do you think about this? Are you (just like me) interested in this or what makes us (human beings) happy? Happify is a great site about sharing happiness, with a lot of interesting infographics :)

Follow me on Instagram!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten