14 juli 2014

MINDSTYLE | White Oleander


I just finished White Oleander from Janet Fitch. Probably one I should’ve read earlier, since it’s already made into a movie. This incredible story had my attention at every page. Some words & quotes are still in my mind, like the quote you can read below. I find myself sometimes struggling with words, I can’t always find the perfect word(s) to describe what I mean or feel. And while reading this quote I felt understood. Even though it’s a fictional book, the writer must felt the same for her main character.

“That was the thing about words, they were clear and specific--chair, eye, stone--but when you talked about feelings, words were too stiff, they were this and not that, they couldn't include all the meanings. In defining, they always left something out.”

Tell me your thoughts about this!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten