29 juli 2014

MINDSTYLE | The power of the written word.


Writing down your thoughts.

It’s probably more a girl thing to write in a diary. I used to have a diary when I was younger but I never stick to writing in it. Mostly I forgot about it or didn’t want anyone to read my thoughts (I was a little bit scared that anyone would find my diary). But although I didn’t stick to it back then, I see the power of keeping a diary or just writing down your thoughts in a notebook or journal.

Writing down my thoughts and feelings helps me to look at it with a clearer view, it helps me putting things in perspective. Especially for me as an ‘over-thinker’, I sometimes needs to clear my head and stop thinking about some things.

A common sentence is: “Writing it down, make it happen”. They say that with writing it down (for example your solutions), you are one step closer to make it happen. Only thoughts won’t do the thing, writing it down means that you’re really willing to get the goal, to make it happen. A good book which can help you with this is: Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It, by Henriette Anne Klauser. The book simply explains how simply writing down your goals in life is the first step toward achieving them. Writing can even help you understand what you want.

And while I was obligated to take some rest last weekend, caused by concussion, some thoughts kept spinning around in my head and I found some more rest and peace in my head by writing it down and letting it go.


Follow me on Instagram!

1 opmerking: