Pfiew, the first day was impressive, tiresome and great at the same time. After a flight of 2,5 hours, we went straight 'home' to my room in the neighborhood Triana (On the other side of the river, a district with many old influences, famous for the flamenco and a strong 'own' identity). Only ten minutes away from my University, by bike. Ideal! After a little stroll in this neighborhood (exploring the many bars, supermarkets and nice buildings with typical tiles) we went home to my room*. I live together with two other Dutch girls, in a four room apartment. One room is still not leased, so we're now with the three of us. After getting all my clothes and other stuff managed we went to the centre of Sevilla. Accidentally we eat some really good tapas at Eslava, (around ten o' clock it was so loaded with locals, it had to be a special place, which was confirmed by the food!) Walking back to my room, made me realize how strange it is that I will be living here for the next five months. I'm really looking forward to it, there are so many thing I want to do here, the atmosphere here is great.
On the second day, we rented a bike. Which is great in Sevilla, there're many cycle paths and you'll see more of the city. It was a relaxed day, nothing special.
I'll keep you updated about my other experience here. And I already started the Spanish course, which is really intense, but very instructive. Everything is in Spanish, the teachers don't even speak English, haha.
* Pictures of the room will follow later.
Wauw! You found Eslava on your first day!! Nice... ;)
BeantwoordenVerwijderen