07 september 2013

The first week














Can you believe it? My first week in Sevilla is already a fact. I've had a wonderful week with lots of good food, walking, first experience at my university, sight seeing, meeting new people, making myself feel comfortable in my new place and right now saying goodbye to my boyfriend who flew back this morning. And than I realized how times actually flies by. I remember a sentence of Andy Warhol (this sentence on a little paper hung in my room for many years):

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." 

It always makes me realize that I have to make my own plans to achieve things in my life. To set goals and achieve them, to walk down a another road. My Exchange Minor in Sevilla is a example of making plans, continue them and making them true. And even when this whole experience (or trip) is done, I will make some new (hopefully exciting) plans and goals. So, what I'm trying to say: the time is now. This is the time of your life. Make it happen! And I did make this first week here in Sevilla happen. I give you a quick overview with these pictures above.

The first four pictures are made at Plaza de Espana located in Parque de María Luisa. Plaza de Espana is designed by Aníbal González. This building is built to showcase Spain's industry and technology exhibits. The architecture is a mix of 1920's Art Deco and Neo-Mudéjar styles. It almost looks like a fairytale, with all the tiny tiles in different colors. The four bridges representing the four ancient kingdoms of Spain. And by the walls of the Plaza are many tiled alcoves, each representing a different province of Spain. A beautiful place in the centre of Parque de María Luisa, perfect to make some nice pictures!
Then I've made some pictures of a extinct market (it was siesta) near Maria Luisa Park. This middle east market looks so funny with a lot of food stalls. The following pictures are some random shots of good wine, the street San Jacinta in Triana (more about this neighborhood soon!), my boyfriend Bas and me taking pictures of him with my iPhone and my daily sunglasses.

Ciao!

Follow me on Instagram @youbecametowonder

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten